The City of Deerfield Beach Education Advisory Board (EAB) established the City of Deerfield Beach Academic Scholarship Award to foster educational opportunities for high school students in Deerfield Beach as they prepare for post-secondary education.
The Deerfield Beach EAB will select two graduating seniors as winners for the school year 2021/2022. One recipient will receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship, and one recipient will receive a one-time $750.00 scholarship for demonstrating excellence in the classroom and community.
- The student must be a current Deerfield Beach resident.
- Must have a core unweighted GPA of 3.5 (minimum).
- Must have completed a minimum of 40 hours community service in the current year or 120 hours cumulative.
- Must have received an acceptance letter from college/university/trade school/military.
- Must submit a personal essay (up to 500 words).
Please submit completed applications with all attachments to The City of Deerfield Beach Community Services Department, 227 NW 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach, or email@example.com by March 1, 2022. Applications, including all attachments, must be received by 5:00 p.m. on March 1, 2022. Applications can be found at https://www.deerfield-beach.com/1771/Education#highschoolaward. For questions contact Jonathan Salas at (954) 480-4464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please contact the Community Services Department via phone or email at (954) 480-6420 / Vwyatt@deerfield-beach.com.