Recycling collection is currently SUSPENDED. You may use your blue cart for overflow garbage if it does not all fit in the brown cart. The blue cart will only be collected on your "recycling" day.
Residents can continue bringing all program recyclable materials to the City’s Recycling Drop-Off Center located at 401 SW 4th Street, Deerfield Beach, FL. The city has also placed two additional community recycling containers at the locations below.
- Main Beach Parking Lot, 149 SE 21st Ave, Deerfield Beach, FL
- Fire Station 66, 590 S Powerline Rd, Deerfield Beach, FL
Garbage & Recycling Carts
Household garbage is collected twice per week. Click here to view the map of Solid Waste service days.
- Place the cart curbside before 7:00 am on your collection day.
- All garbage must be in plastic bags placed in the City issued cart.
- Sharp objects must be separately wrapped and placed in small bag before being placed in garbage cart for safety.
- Place the cart on the edge of curb with the metal bar on the front facing the street.
- Place at least 5 feet away from trees, mailboxes, utility poles, other carts, or any other obstacle.
- Do not place under wires or tree branches.
- Carts that are inaccessible by the automated arm will not be collected.
- Drivers cannot pick up extra garbage bags that are placed on the ground next to garbage carts.
About your carts:
- The brown cart is for garbage and the blue cart is for recycling
- Carts are property of the City of Deerfield Beach, and are assigned to each physical address.
- Periodically rinse with soap and water.
- Do NOT spray paint or mark the cart.
- Keep lids closed to prevent exposure from weather and to limit the spreading of debris in neighborhoods on windy days.
- Carts need to be left at that property should you move.
- Should you need an additional cart, they are available for an added charge of $14 per month.
- All carts contain a special radio frequency ID tag (RFID) that identifies the home’s address. Each time a cart is serviced, it is scanned, and the data collected is used to help maintain efficiency.