Ignite Celebration of Mental Health Awareness Month
The City of Deerfield Beach in partnership with the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel presents a special event for teens called Ignite. This event is Saturday, May 13, 2023 from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The goal is to encourage help-seeking and celebrate Mental Health Awareness Month this May through an evening of fun! We will have a Resource Fair, Community Project, Mocktail Bar, Keynote Speaker, Raffle Prizes, Dinner (buffet style) and Dance! Winners of the Teen Art Contest will be recognized during the event. Attire is Semi-Formal and the colors are black and white. The event is limited to 100 teens and they must pre-register online at the link listed below. This is a free event and only for those currently enrolled in high school and are between the ages of 14-18.
This special event is designed for all teens because mental health affects everyone. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website shares the World Health Organization (WHO) definition as: "Mental health includes emotional, psychological and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices." *
The Resource Fair will allow teens to connect, know where to go when they need assistance and how to get involved in their community. Community is listed as one of the domains on youth.gov for the Risk and Protective Factors for Youth table. Community can exemplify a protective factor when promoting and fostering healthy activities. Let's engage our youth in a community that encourages help- seeking and favors the concept that it's ok to not be ok. Leave stigma at the door and come to Ignite to have some fun.
- Date: Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel,100 Fairway Dr. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
- The first 25 teens to arrive will receive an extra raffle ticket @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|3:00 PM - 3:30 PM||Check-In (100 teens who pre-registered)|
|3:30 PM - 5:00 PM||Community Project with No-Sew Blankets, Resource Fair, Art-Winner Exhibit and Event Canvas with GabrielaArt4Healing
(Mocktail Bar begins at 4:15pm)
|5:00 PM - 5:15 PM||Teens sit down in the Grand Ball Room|
|5:15 PM - 5:30 PM||Welcoming Remarks|
|5:30 PM - 6:15 PM||Keynote Speaker: Cassidy Ferguson, LPC & PMH|
|6:15 PM -7:00 PM||Dinner (buffet style)|
|7:00 PM - 7:30 PM||Awards for Teen Art Contest|
|7:30 PM - 9:00 PM||Dance & Dessert|
|9:00 PM - 9:15 PM||Closing Remarks and Exit|
Above times and activities are subject to change without notice.
keynote speaker biography- cassidy ferguson, lpc, pmh & Residential therapist
Cassidy Ferguson Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia and Provisional Mental Health Counselor in the State of Florida
- Fort Lauderdale Behavioral Health Center
- Deerfield Beach Community Cares: An Oasis of Health & Hope
- 211 Broward
- Henderson Behavioral Health
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
- Men2Boys Mentoring
- Mental Health America of South East Florida
- Memorial Healthcare System
- Tomorrow's Rainbow, Inc.
- Gruber Psychological Service Inc.
- Created Intentionally
- Broward PTSA
- Smith Community Mental Health
- Ministerium by Dr. Debra Harris
- Insight 180 Counseling Services
- Timeless Therapeutic Services
- Banyan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
teen art contest
Winners of the Teen Art Contest will have their artwork exhibited during Ignite and/or present! They will also receive recognition and their prizes at Ignite.