The African American Heritage Board along with the City of Deerfield Beach is hosting their Inaugural Juneteenth Celebration event on Saturday, June 19th, and Sunday, June 20th. Come join the fun this June to celebrate this historical holiday with a Black History Mobile Museum, junkanoo, rib competition, live art/entertainment, Sunday brunch, and much more! Entry will be available ONLY to those who sign a COVID-19 waiver prior to entering the festival grounds. No pre-registration is required. Juneteenth is a first-come, first-serve event; if the City reaches capacity within the festival grounds, guests will have to wait until we have the capacity for them.
Artist vendor applications and Food and Alcohol applications will be available at a later date. When applications are available they will need to be submitted by 3:00 PM on Monday, May 17th to email@example.com. They will be reviewed by the African American Heritage Board on the week of May 17th.
|Where:||Pineview & Memorial Cemeteries|
|Facebook Page:||Broadcasted Live Here: (place link)|
|Sunday Brunch||2 PM - 4 PM||Leo Robb Gym|
COVID-19 EVENT MODIFICATIONS
- No advanced pre-registration needed for this event but a COVID-19 waiver is mandatory.
- Coolers are prohibited.
- All participants must park at Oveta McKeithen Recreational Complex.
- If Guests are not social distancing, the use of proper PPE will be enforced during the event.
Fostering Unity, Love, Hope, and Peace.
Junkanoo Route & Map
Place map here
RIB COOK-OFF COMPETITION
In this competition, ten (10) cooks will compete for the chance to win $1,000, a trophy, and bragging rights with their unique blend of sauce/spices and delicious ribs.
Rules & Guidelines
Each contestant will have the option to pick up their ribs on Friday, June 18th if they would like to prep prior to the competition. **Please note this option will require a refundable security deposit of $50 via cash or check only and a copy of a valid government-issued ID.** If interested in participating in our cook-off, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
• You will be provided a 10 x 10 space and tent you must supply your own lights & extension cords.
• You will be provided (1) case with 9 Racks of ribs. Ribs may be grilled or fried.
• You must supply all items needed to prepare your food. This includes but is not limited to: cooking equipment, food preparation materials, and food items (additional ribs, sauces, spices).
• Participants must attend a mandatory cooks meeting on Saturday, June 19th at 3:00 PM.
• Contestants will be judged through a blind judging process. This is designed to guarantee fairness to all competitors.
• Contestants will also be voted on by those in attendance at the event for the People's Choice Award.
|Entertainment Lineup on Saturday, June 19th|
THANK YOU SPONSORS
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to 954.480.4429.