The purpose of the City of Deerfield Beach CARES for Business Grant Assistance Program (DFB CARES) is to provide small businesses (sole proprietorship, corporations, limited liability corporations and sub chapter S corporations) with financial assistance to reimburse the costs of business interruption related expenditures caused by COVID-19’s required closures and/or operating restrictions.
The Grant Assistance Program will provide businesses with up to $25,000.00 in financial assistance. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served, first-complete basis from all applicant(s) meeting program criteria, subject to funding availability.
A business owner/business may qualify for consideration provided it meets all of the following criteria.
- Located within the City of Deerfield Beach
- Operating for at least one (1) year
- Twenty (20) or fewer employees, including the owner(s) and part-time and full-time employees, on the business payroll at the time of the application is submitted. Leased employees through another organization will be considered employees of the business
- Private for-profit business
- Current on taxes
- Have received less than $25,000 of assistance through the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Priority will be given to:
- Businesses that have been forced to close (deemed non-essential) by the government, experienced economic injury or voluntarily closed to support social distancing due to COVID-19;
- Businesses that received no EIDL, PPP or State of Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Assistance;
- Businesses with annual revenues of $1 million or less.
- Businesses who received loans from CARES PPP or EIDL Programs in excess $25,000
- CBD/medical marijuana
- Real Estate Investment
- Adult Entertainment
- Liquor and tobacco stores
- Pawn Shops
- Home based businesses
- Sales of firearms or other weapon dealers
- Currently bankrupt business (Corporate or Personal)
- Lending and investment institutions, insurance companies, golf courses, or chain stores
- Businesses that have conflict of interest with the City of Deerfield Beach
- Nonprofit entities - For information on Broward County's non-profit CARES GRANT, please visit: https://www.broward.org/cares/Pages/NonProfitAssistance.aspx
Potential applicants must complete an online application through an external portal. Only completed applications, which consists of all the steps completed and applicable supporting documentation correctly uploaded, will be accepted. No exceptions will be made. Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed.
The City's online grant portal will begin accepting applications on Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. The application period will close on Sunday, November 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Business W-9.
- Current City’s Business Tax Receipt
- Fictitious Name Registration (if applicable)
- Copy of front and back of owner/authorized applicant Florida Driver’s License (Name on ID must match owner(s) on the W-9 and Sunbiz)
- Current Lease Agreement or previous business mortgage payment receipt.
- Current business utility statements including electric, water, internet (wireless phones not applicable)
- Inventory and/ or supply or equipment invoices that support the amount of eligible expenses requested under this category.
- Business General Liability Insurance
- Business Tax Return (must be dated and signed to be deemed valid)
- Past 3 Months Bank Statements for Business
All documents, except for the Fictitious name registration, are required. Applications with Incomplete/incorrect documents will not be accepted or processed.
For further information, please contact Gigi Chazu, Economic Development Coordinator at email@example.com or 954-395-6051