Questions related to COVID-19, should be directed to the Florida Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121 or by emailing COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org. Deerfield Beach residents concerned they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call 954-412-7300 BEFORE traveling to any health care facility.
As we all adapt to the recommendations and restrictions, we encourage customers to take advantage of our online services, email and phone resources. Visit http://dfb.city/1291/Pay-Online to pay online.
To receive up-to-date information, click this link and subscribe to the "News Flash."
For additional updates and content, follow us on social media:
Make sure you have signed for the City’s crisis alert system, AlertDFB. Do that now at dfb.city/alertDFB.
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION
Are you eligible?
- Effective Monday, April 5, Ages 18 and older will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
- Effective Monday, March 29, ages 40 and older will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
- Effective Monday, March 15, ages 60 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine.
- Firefighters and sworn law enforcement officers who are 50-years-old and older.
- School employees of any age, day-care workers, and preschool teachers.
- Medically vulnerable residents deemed by hospital providers and doctors, ages 16 to 64. A Florida state medical form is required to be completed by your physician. Children 16 and 17 can only receive the Pfizer vaccine as the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are only approved for age 18 and over.
- Anyone seeking the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine must show proof of Florida residency or must be in Florida for providing health care services involving direct contact with patients.
How to get vaccinated:
- Florida Department of Health in Broward, in partnership with Broward County, municipal partners and BSO, is operating seven drive-through vaccination sites and one walk-up, open to eligible residents. Appointments at these sites are required and can be made in the state’s COVID-19 vaccine appointment scheduling system. Visit myvaccine.fl.gov, or call 866-201-6313 (TTY 833-476-1526). Eligible individuals will be contacted when an appointment is available for them.
- FDEM in partnership with Broward Health and City of Fort Lauderdale are operating a site at Inter Miami CF Stadium at Lockhart Park in Fort Lauderdale. Visit BrowardHealth.org for updates on when new appointments are available.
- FDEM is operating a walk-up vaccination site at Broward Community College North Campus in Coconut Creek for eligible residents.
- Municipalities are providing vaccination to vulnerable seniors at “pop-up” sites in Fort Lauderdale, Tamarac, Lauderhill, Wilton Manors, Davie, Plantation, Miramar and Pembroke Pines. Hollywood and Sunrise have a start date of March 29 and Lighthouse Point has a start date of April 5.
- Vaccinations are being provided by participating hospitals to eligible residents.
- To check availability and schedule an appointment with local pharmacies and retail stores through the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, please visit:
Publix registration - Publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
CVS registration - CVS.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
Winn-Dixie registration - https://www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
Walgreens registration- https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
Other Vaccination Sites:
- Broward Coral Square Mall, 9469 West Atlantic Blvd, Coral Springs
- Tradewinds Park, 3600 West Sample Road, Coconut Creek
- Markham Park, 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise
- Snyder Park, 3299 SW 4th Ave, Fort Lauderdale
- Central Regional Park, 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill
- Tree Tops Park, 3900 SW 100th Ave, Davie, FL 33328
- Citi Center, 1955 North Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach (Site will be closed Thursdays and Sundays)
- Hard Rock Stadium, 347 Don Shula Dr, Miami Gardens (Drive-thru)
Note: If you received your first dose at Vista View Park (Davie) under the old appointment system, please go to Tree Tops Park for your second dose on the scheduled date and time.
Site for teachers, police officers, and firefighters:
T-Y Park, Hollywood, 3300 N Park Rd, Hollywood, FL 33021 has opened as a vaccine site for police officers and firefighters 50 and older. This is a closed site, not open to the general public.
The site will be open from 9 AM to 6 PM, Tuesday through Saturdays for sworn police and fire rescue personnel 50 and older and K-12 school personnel (all ages) and first responders over 50.
Federal Vaccine Centers
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has set up a mass vaccination site at Miami Dade College’s North Campus, plus two satellite sites, working with state agencies. All eligible groups, including the medically vulnerable with the required state form signed by a doctor, can receive vaccines here. The site will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week. For appointments, you can https://myvaccine.fl.gov, or call 1-888-499-0840 or 1-833-540-2065 (call between 8a-8p).
- Miami-Dade North Campus, 11380 NW 27th Ave., Miami, FL 33167
- Charles Hadley Park at 1350 NW 50th Street (This site will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 18- 23)
- South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center at 10950 SW 211th Street (This site will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 18-23)
COVID-19 Links & Additional Resources
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC Symptoms
- CDC Situation Summary
- LATEST INFO ON FLORIDA CASES OF CORONAVIRUS
- Pets and COVID-19
PDF Info Packet
- CDC’s Coronavirus website
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) hotline
- Florida Department of Health hotline
1-866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Website
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity for Employees