HireDFB has been designed to encourage the hiring and retention of Deerfield Beach residents to jobs in the City and to help offset on boarding costs.
Eligible applicants may receive a one-time award based in increments of $500 per eligible employee for a maximum of 100 awards per business.
Applicants must meet all the following requirements to be eligible to receive assistance:
- Be non-retail businesses located within City limits.
- Applicants must possess a valid City and County Business license.
- A business must either own the property or have an executed multi-year lease. (2-year minimum)
- The new jobs offered by the Applicant shall add to the City’s total job base and/or result in a net increase in the number of employees of the non-retail business.
Application submissions that qualify for award will be awarded on a first come basis until funding has been depleted for the FY in which the Program is active. Validation and determination of award based on application and supporting documentation is at the sole discretion of the City.
SUMMARY OF TERMS
- The program is subject to the City’s funding cycle and applications are accepted and reviewed on a first come, first eligible, first complete basis.
- All new jobs must be on site at a facility located within City limits.
- Existing employees on current payroll are not eligible.
- Employer must offer a minimum of 5 new jobs.
- Preference will be given to businesses that hire residents low-income census tract in Deerfield Beach.
- Positions must be filled within one (1) month of approval of application.
- Employer must retain employee(s) for a minimum of three months.
- An award may be made based in increments of $500 per eligible employee for a maximum of 100 awards per business. This means an employer may receive up to $50,000 per program year for eligible new hires employed.
HIREDFB for Restaurants and Hospitality
The City of Deerfield Beach is making the HIRE DFB incentive programs available to local restaurants and hospitality firms in response to the industry’s staffing shortage due to the pandemic and to support their hiring efforts.
The program is designed to incentivize the hiring of Deerfield Beach residents to jobs in the City and to motivate City residents to apply for available positions.
Restaurants and hotels that apply for the HIRE DFB program, will be able to offer a $500 signing bonus for up to 5 new hires between 05/15 and 06/15.
For questions and the application package, please contact the Department of Economic development at 954-395-6051 or email@example.com