The Business Outreach Program is a free service designed to identify the needs of local employers and connect them with resources and solutions to remove barriers to growth and help companies thrive in Deerfield Beach.
Business Education Sessions
These online sessions are targeted at providing access to resources and information for small business owners and entrepreneurs. The City's has shifted these meetings to virtual business education sessions in partnership with SCORE Broward until further notice.
The City’s future, prosperity and competitiveness depend on meeting pressing economic challenges local businesses face today. By bringing together key business owners and top management to these roundtables, understanding their needs and brainstorming on best ways to address them, the business community and local government can make valuable contributions to assist in the creation of a healthy and vibrant business climate that creates opportunity for everyone in Deerfield Beach.
Online sessions are free of charge, but registration is required. Topics vary every quarter and agendas are usually as follows:
- Session Introduction by SCORE
- Economic Development Update & Question of the Day
- Key Note Speaker
- Q&A session
- 09/21/2021 (6-8 PM) Grow your Business on LinkedIn Without Spending a Dime
- 09/27/2021 (6 - 8 PM) Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- OCTOBER 13 PROCRASTINATION NEGATION-GET MOVING
- NOVEMBER 16 INTRODUCTION TO GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- JANUARY 25 WEBSITE PLANNING 101
- MARCH 8 HOW TO BECOME A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR
- MAY 3 VIRTUAL MARKETING: FB, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM YOUTUBE
- JULY 7 ALTERNATIVE FINANCING FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- AUGUST 27 MS POWERPOINT BASIC
- SEPTEMBER 27 MS POWERPOINT ADVANCED
The Entrepreneurship Program has been designed to bring business ideas to life. The program is free and targets aspiring entrepreneurs, side hustlers and freelancers that want to explore and activate income generating ideas suited to their background, interest and capabilities.
Participants will learn the basic requirements for the successful execution of a business plan to deliver a profitable product or service, whether via e-commerce, brick and mortar or home based. Every idea will be addressed and one on one sessions will be available when needed.
The online program will run for two hours, once a week for six weeks via zoom, starting Wednesday September 22nd and ending Wednesday October 27th.
- Sept 22nd – Introduction to the Business Model Canvas
- Sept 29th – Clarifying the idea and knowing your customers
- October 6th – Will the effort be worth the reward? Costs, revenues and profits
- October 13th – Marketing & Branding, from designing your business identity to creating your website
- October 20th – Getting the paperwork done. Choosing the right business entity
- October 27 – Delivering your elevator speech and getting feedback from the community
The program is open to Deerfield Beach residents and business owners that want to improve their entrepreneurial skills.
To register, please fill the form below:
Business Visitation Program
The Business Visitation Program is a free service designed to enhance lines of communication with the local businesses, identify their needs and connect them with available resources. The Program also allows the Economic Development staff gather valuable industry data to be used for future planning. No business is individually identified in the reporting of results.
During a confidential one-hour on-site visit the City of Deerfield Beach Economic Development team meets with business owners and managers to better understand industry needs and identify resources to meet those needs.
The program also provides businesses with an opportunity to share and showcase what they do best.
Based on each company’s interests and needs, staff may address programs or services that can save the business time and money, such as:
- Connections to state incentive programs and grants
- Municipal planning and permitting
- Government regulations
- Talent attraction and training
- Business to Business introductions
After the visit, the Economic Development staff follows up on issues found during the meeting and remains the business’ first call for all types of questions or assistance throughout the year.
The City of Deerfield Beach invites business owners and managers to participate in the Business Visitation Program.
To schedule a visit, or to request an invite to a Business Roundtable, please contact Gigi Chazu, Economic Development Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 954-395-6051.