Sign up for Free Emergency Alerts
The City of Deerfield encourages you to sign up to receive free emergency alerts from the City’s Alert DFB program. Alert DFB is a free emergency alert system that sends you vital updates and information about emergencies and disasters. Alert DFB keeps you up-to-date with relevant information about local emergencies like hurricanes, severe weather conditions, floods, and evacuations. It is our best tool to send you critical information quickly so you can keep yourself and your family safe. You will receive time-sensitive messages however you specify; such as your home phone, cell phone, email address, or even your business phone. You will only receive alerts on what you register.
Signing up is quick and easy!! You have two options:
- Click the button below to direct you to the portal where you can register your home phone, email address, business phone, etc. (Best Option)
Instructions are listed below.
- or text AlertDFB to 888777
This selection will not allow for location alerts, such as a water main break located in your neighborhood because no address has been entered.
Be sure to sign up for every cell phone in your family, and to tell your neighbors to sign up too! Remember: If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you!
How To Sign Up Instructions
- Click the button "Click to Sign Up - Alert DFB" above. You will be redirected to the Everbridge website.
- A page similar to this will load, click the "Sign Up" link at the bottom of the page
- Enter the user information requested. You will be prompted to create a Username and Password.
Usernames must be a minimum of 4 acceptable characters. Acceptable characters are: uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, period, dash (-), underscore (_), and at symbol (@). No other characters or symbols are permitted at this time.
Password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one letter and one number. Special characters are limited to: ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ).
- Fill in the Location Information and click the "Verify This Address."
A map will appear with a marker indicating your location. On the left side, select the correct option and click "This is my Location" found at the bottom of the window on the right.
- Enter your Contact Information. You have to complete at least 1 contact for notifications. You can add as many contacts as you would like such as Primary Text, Primary Phone, Email, etc. Once you have finished entering all your contacts that you want to have notifications sent to, make sure to check the box "I accept the Terms and Conditions" and then click the "Create an Account" button.
- You have now finished your Profile, verify it is correct, and click "Save and Continue." Next, you will move on to the subscriptions of what you want to get notifications on.
- By completing the previous steps, you have automatically signed up for our AlertDFB system. The other subscription options (Weather), if selected, will be sent out by Everbridge and NOT the City of Deerfield Beach. The City will only send out notifications pertaining to issues within our City such as Boil Water notices and Hurricane alerts. Selecting this is optional. Once you click "Save and Continue" the final page will be a review of your account. Be sure to click "Finish" after you reviewed your information.
- Congratulations, you are now signed up for AlertDFB.