- Economic Development
The Economic Development Department seeks to enhance the quality of life for residents through the expansion of the local tax base. Economic Development consists of business attraction, retention and expansion. Economic Development staff act as ombudsmen for local business owners to identify and resolve barriers that their businesses face. The Economic Development Office maintains strong relationships with state and county economic development organizations to market the City of Deerfield Beach to prospective new companies.
Please browse this web site for additional information, and contact the Economic Development Office to see how we can help you relocate your company to or start your company in the City of Deerfield Beach.
COVID-19 Business Resources
City of Deerfield Beach DFB CARES for Business Grant
The City of Deerfield Beach CARES for Business Grant Assistance Program (DFB CARES) is now open for applications. The purpose of this grant is to provide small businesses (sole proprietorship, corporations, limited liability corporations and sub chapter S corporations) with financial assistance to reimburse the costs of business interruption related expenditures caused by COVID-19’s required closures and/or operating restrictions.
Additional information can be found by visiting https://www.deerfield-beach.com/1894/DFB-CARES
COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources COVID-19 Business Resources
Broward County Emergency Orders
Other Valuable Information
- Center for Disease Control Guidance for Businesses
- For Reopening America guidance visit the CDC’s guidance for cleaning and disinfecting web site.
- Florida Department of Health (FDOH) Guidance for Business
- Reopening Retail Food Establishments Guidance
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) Resources:
- Información en Español.
- Informação em Português.
Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Available to Florida for-profit businesses with 2 to 100 employees. Offers loans to businesses for amounts up to $50,000 at no interest for up to a one year term.
For additional information, please see the COVID-19 Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan FAQ
Short Time Compensation program for Employers
Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities during COVID-19 Outbreak
Federal law allows states to pay benefits where:
(1) An employer temporarily ceases operations due to COVID-19, preventing employees from coming to work;
(2) An individual is quarantined with the expectation of returning to work after the quarantine is over; and
(3) An individual leaves employment due to a risk of exposure or infection or to care for a family member.
Please note that federal law does not require an employee to quit in order to receive benefits due to the impact of COVID-19.
Read the Department of Labor news release, or apply here Version OptionsEconomic DevelopmentHeadlineCOVID-19 Business Resources.
For the Steps to Receive Payment, click here Version OptionsEconomic DevelopmentHeadlineCOVID-19 Business Resources.
PANDEMIC EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION:
- The Federal Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, offered through the federal CARES Act and administered by DEO, provides up to 13 weeks of benefits to a claimant who has exhausted their Reemployment Assistance benefits. Floridians will need to apply for PEUC benefits once the balance of their current claim is exhausted. Floridians who have already exhausted their benefits or have a Reemployment Assistance claim that expired after July 1, 2019, will also be able to apply.
PANDEMIC UNEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE:
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19 and believe they may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, can visit www.FloridaJobs.org and select "File a Claim" to apply and be considered for PUA.
Small Business Administration Resources
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
The Small Business Administration (SBA) offers disaster assistance in the form of low-interest loans to cover small business operating expenses after a declared disaster.
Contact Information and application
Axis South Florida: Microsoft in collaboration with Citi has launched Axis South Florida - an online platform that provides simple, easy-to-understand information to help South Florida residents, small businesses and nonprofits secure the economic support they need to withstand the COVID-19 crisis and emerge stable. https://www.axishelps.org/
Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Facebook will be offering cash grants and ad credits for eligible small businesses. For more information, click here Version OptionsEconomic DevelopmentHeadlineCOVID-19 Business Resources.
The Economic Development Strategy evolved from a Economic and Competitive Advantage Analysis and subsequent SWOT Analysis that assessed the existing conditions that drive the economy in Deerfield Beach.
The strategies and recommendations emanated from a recurring theme that emerged from the strategic planning process of Deerfield Beach aspiring to be a Vibrant Coastal City. This compelling theme provides a challenge and an opportunity to connect the overarching strategies that capitalize on the City’s economic strengths and opportunities while addressing existing weaknesses and threats.
It lays the groundwork for targeted business attraction and retention, workforce development, branding & marketing activities, and the development of key areas throughout the city.
For a copy of the Economic Development Strategy, please email EconomicDevelopment@dfb.city
We are Deerfield Beach
The "We are Deerfield Beach" video showcases the variety of small and large businesses that make our City a great place to live and work. We thank them everyday for their significant contribution to the economy, the mix they bring, and the opportunities they create.