- Economic Development
The Economic Development Department seeks to enhance the quality of life for residents through the expansion of the local tax base. Economic Development consists of business attraction, retention and expansion. Economic Development staff act as ombudsmen for local business owners to identify and resolve barriers that their businesses face. The Economic Development Office maintains strong relationships with state and county economic development organizations to market the City of Deerfield Beach to prospective new companies.
Please browse this web site for additional information, and contact the Economic Development Office to see how we can help you relocate your company to or start your company in the City of Deerfield Beach.
COVID-19 Business Resources
City of Deerfield Beach Micro-Enterprise Grant Assistance
The City of Deerfield Beach is launching a COVID-19 Micro Enterprise Grant Assistance Program designed to support local small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program provides up to $5,000 in financial assistance to businesses with 5 of fewer employees. Funds will be awarded on a first-come-first serve-basis and provide direct funding for rent/mortgage, payroll, or utility expenses.
For more information and the link to the application, click here.
- For the Frequently Asked questions, click here
- For information in Spanish, click here
- For information in Portuguese, click here
Broward County Emergency Order
- Center for Disease Control Guidance for Businesses
- For Reopening America guidance visit the CDC’s guidance for cleaning and disinfecting web site.
- Florida Department of Health (FDOH) Guidance for Business
- Reopening Retail Food Establishments Guidance
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) Resources:
- Información en Español.
- Informação em Português.
Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Available to Florida for-profit businesses with 2 to 100 employees. Offers loans to businesses for amounts up to $50,000 at no interest for up to a one year term.
For additional information, please see the COVID-19 Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan FAQ
The Rebuild Florida Business Loan Fund
This Business Loan Fund targets industries identified by the state as key strategic markets for future growth and will focus on creating and enhancing the diversification and resiliency of Florida’s economy.
Contact Information and application for both programs:
- Website: http://floridajobs.org/rebuildflorida/businessrecovery
- Phone: 833-832-4494
- Email: FloridaBusinessLoanFund@deo.myflorida.com
- Application: https://deosera.force.com/RebuildFloridaBusinessLoanFund/s/
Short Time Compensation program for Employers
Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities during COVID-19 Outbreak
Federal law allows states to pay benefits where:
(1) An employer temporarily ceases operations due to COVID-19, preventing employees from coming to work;
(2) An individual is quarantined with the expectation of returning to work after the quarantine is over; and
(3) An individual leaves employment due to a risk of exposure or infection or to care for a family member.
Please note that federal law does not require an employee to quit in order to receive benefits due to the impact of COVID-19.
For the Steps to Receive Payment, click here.
Small Business Administration Resources
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
The Small Business Administration (SBA) offers disaster assistance in the form of low-interest loans to cover small business operating expenses after a declared disaster.
Contact Information and application
- Visit website
- Phone: 305-536-5058
- Email: SouthFlorida_DO@sba.gov
- Eligibility Verification: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. The program will be available retroactive from Feb. 15, 2020, so employers can rehire their recently laid-off employees through June 30, 2020.
Contact Information and application
- Visit website
- US Department of the Treasury Guidelines: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/top-priorities/cares-act/assistance-for-small-businesses
- Application will be open soon. Review the sample application form here.
Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Facebook will be offering cash grants and ad credits for eligible small businesses. Applications will be available in the next weeks. For more information, click here.
The Economic Development Strategy evolved from a Economic and Competitive Advantage Analysis and subsequent SWOT Analysis that assessed the existing conditions that drive the economy in Deerfield Beach.
The strategies and recommendations emanated from a recurring theme that emerged from the strategic planning process of Deerfield Beach aspiring to be a Vibrant Coastal City. This compelling theme provides a challenge and an opportunity to connect the overarching strategies that capitalize on the City’s economic strengths and opportunities while addressing existing weaknesses and threats.
It lays the groundwork for targeted business attraction and retention, workforce development, branding & marketing activities, and the development of key areas throughout the city.
For a copy of the Economic Development Strategy, please email EconomicDevelopment@dfb.city
We are Deerfield Beach
The "We are Deerfield Beach" video showcases the variety of small and large businesses that make our City a great place to live and work. We thank them everyday for their significant contribution to the economy, the mix they bring, and the opportunities they create.