Find Information on...
Meetings / Agendas / Minutes
Water Quality Report
Apply / Pay For...
Building Permit Status/Payment
Forms & Applications
Public Records Request
Alerts & Subscriptions
Automatic Funds Transfer
Parks & Recreation Activities
The goal of the Purchasing Division is to procure goods and services that are necessary for city operations through open competition that ensures the highest quality items at the best price. The Division prepares and assures compliance with bid specifications, researches products and services, maintains all service contracts, prepares requisitions and purchase orders, prepares requests-for-proposals, and evaluates bid responses. The Purchasing Division is also very active in the countywide purchasing cooperative.
Types of Purchases
The City of Deerfield Beach has two principle types of purchases:
1. One Time Purchase for a specific commodity, equipment, or service at a firm price on a fixed quantity for specific delivery. Awards are made to the responsible, responsive, low-price bidder who meets the specifications and conditions.
2. Contract or Blanket Purchase for estimated quantities of commodities, equipment, or services at a firm price or discount from list price, for a specified period of time. Awards are made to qualified single or multiple vendors who meet the specifications and conditions. The successful vendor(s) is awarded a contract against which the using departments order specific quantities at contract prices. Most contracts/blanket purchase orders are written for a twelve-month period, although some are written for shorter durations.
The Purchasing Division maintains a qualified list of vendors. A vendor application and commodity listing may be obtained
or through the Purchasing Division. If the application is approved, all commodities, equipment, and services for which a vendor desires to receive a bid invitation for is recorded. When these commodities, equipment, or services are scheduled for bid, those vendors of record will receive a bid invitation. A vendor may be removed from the Qualified Vendors List for failure to make a delivery as promised, substitution of other inferior or uncontracted merchandise, or failure to make satisfactory adjustments. A vendor may also be removed for failure to reply to three consecutive bid invitations on any one class of item or service.
View Bid Postings
Below are the basic methods used by the City of Deerfield Beach to acquire commodities, equipment, and services:
1. Pay Authorizations (PA's) are initiated and controlled by the City department to purchase certain commodities directly from a vendor on a competitive bid basis, providing no contract currently exists.
2. For Informal Quotes, the Purchasing Division will solicit at least three telephone quotes from vendors. Vendors should check their prices thoroughly prior to providing a quote. When possible, quotes should be given on the same day as they were requested. All prices should be quoted FOB destination.
3. For Informal Bids, the Purchasing Division will solicit written quotes from vendors on Quotation Request forms detailing the items being purchased and other pertinent information. The forms are sent via facsimile to vendors on the Qualified Vendors' List.
4. Formal Bids for Contracts or Blanket Purchases are used to purchase materials, equipment, and services that extend over a specified period of time. The Purchasing Division will solicit sealed written bids from all vendors on the Qualified Vendors List. Sealed bids are publicly opened and read at the time and place specified on the bid documents.
5. Formal Bids for One-Time Purchase, Contracts, or Blanket Purchases are solicited from all vendors on the Qualified Vendors List. Vendors must submit a sealed written bid or proposal, which is publicly opened and read at the time and place designated in the bid documents and legal notices.
The City of Deerfield Beach reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids or parts of bids when such rejection is in the best interest of the City. The City reserves the right to award any and/or all bids on an item-by-item basis or aggregate basis, whichever is in the best interest of the City. These rights apply to all purchasing processes regardless of the dollar value.
The purchase order is awarded to the responsible, responsive bidder providing the lowest quote. The City of Deerfield Beach's acceptance of the bidder's offer by the issuance of a purchase order or letter of award creates a binding contract between the vendor and the City. All vendors must perform in accordance with the purchase order or contract or they will be liable to the City for any damage caused by their breach. Once a purchase order and/or letter of award has been issued, no changes may be made in the terms and conditions of the original proposal submitted and accepted on commodities, equipment, or services.
Central City Campus
401 S.W. 4th St.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
American Legion Memorial Day Ceremonies
The Deerfield Beach American Legion Posts 162, 287 and Jewish War Veterans Post 265 have organized three Memorial Day ceremonies to take place on Monday, May 27 at locations throughout the city.
Memorial Day – City Facilities Closed
The City of Deerfield Beach and all city facilities, except the International Fishing Pier and Deerfield Beach Middle School Aquatic Center, will be closed Monday, May 27 in honor of Memorial Day. The Aquatic Center will close at 4:30 PM on Memorial Day.
Public Records Disclaimer
Powered by CivicPlus
City of Deerfield Beach
150 NE 2nd Avenue Deerfield Beach, FL 33441 954-480-4200