The City of Deerfield Beach Parks and Recreation Department would like to notify residents of the upcoming road closures for the Pioneer Days Parade on Saturday, February 16, 2019.
The parade will begin at Pioneer Park located at 501 NE Eller Street and will travel south on NE 6 Avenue to Hillsboro Boulevard (SR 810) and head east on Hillsboro Boulevard to Ocean Drive (SR A1A). It will then turn north on North Ocean Drive (SR A1A) and curve east onto NE 2 Street then head down south onto SE 21 Avenue (S Ocean Way) and end at SE 3 Street.
The following is the road closure detail for the event.
• Federal Highway (US1) will be closed at SE 10 Street and NE 2 Street
• Hillsboro Boulevard eastbound will be closed at NE 2 Avenue
• Hillsboro Boulevard westbound will be closed at A1A
• A1A will be closed at NE 7 Street and SE 3 Street
The detour route will be as follows:
• Hillsboro Blvd (SR 810) traffic west of SE 5 Street will be rerouted to Dixie Highway
• Northbound Federal Highway (US1) traffic will be rerouted to Dixie Highway
• Southbound Federal Highway (US1) traffic will be rerouted to Dixie Highway
• Northbound A1A traffic will be rerouted to Camino Real in Boca Raton
• Southbound A1A traffic will be rerouted to SW 14 St in Pompano Beach
Road closures will begin at 9 AM and BSO will reopen the roads as the parade passes.
Please note: residents of Little Harbor will have a dedicated traffic lane allowing for the exit of residents out of the Little Harbor Community during the road closure. They will be re-routed through the adjacent shopping plaza.
For additional information or if you would like to participate in the parade please call the Community Events and Outreach Division at 954-480-4429 or visit http://www.dfb.city/pioneerdays.