Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry has issued Emergency Order 20-09, effective Friday, May 8, 2020. In summary, the Order clarifies some provisions of Emergency Order 20-08 and:
• Extends the existing closure of Broward County beaches.
• Clarifies that marinas, boat docks, ramps, and other launching venues in Parks in Broward County may operate consistent with the guidelines set out in the previous order (County Order 20-08).
• Limits operation of a jet ski to one rider. Provides for multiple riders on a jet ski with multi-person capacity if those riders reside in the same household.
• Permits two-person use of canoes, kayaks and paddle boards only if all persons reside in the same household.
• Clarifies charter vessel boat capacity and operation requirements.
The provisions of Emergency Order 20-09 define minimum standards in Broward County. Municipalities may establish more stringent measures within their jurisdiction, to the extent permitted by law.
For additional information, visit www.dfb.city/covid19. If you have questions about COVID-19, you are encouraged to call the Broward County COVID-19 hotline at 954-357-9500. For social services, call 954-597-3620 or dial 211 for Broward County’s 24/7 helpline.